Thursday, May 15, 2014

Photo Challenge #11

As I write, I ponder, 
I wonder, 
I dream and I imagine. 
The words 
on paper are the words 
I keep inside. 
The things I want to say to you, 
but never come out right. 
I haven't seen your face in awhile,
but I have read your words of sorrow, 
grief and even joy. 
You have heard voice, 
but I can't speak the words that I write. 
With time and days doing by
things will change, 
people will evolve and 
the sun will always rise as time 
moves on. 
Written words are timeless 
and know no 
boundaries or limitations. 
These words that I can't speak in person, 
are the words that 
keep me awake until they are written. 
If we had nothing,
we would still have words,
words that don't know distance and have no 
boarders.
No matter the distance between your
heart and mine, 
no matter if we never see each other again, 
we will always have our 
words. 
These words you have written 
of love and longing
touch my heart. 
Over time these letters 
that I keep, 
remind me that you 
did exist, 
and for moment I had you, 
but for always, 
wrapped in ribbon,
I will have your words. 

2 comments:

  1. That's sweet! Whoever that guy is, I hope he knows how blessed he is to have your attention. Keep up the good work, Elle. I still think you should concentrate more on this than you doo the PA stuff. Be well and i look forward to to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete